Sunday, January 4, 2009

Homemade cleaners

While working through the organizing process, I realized I have so many half filled store-bought household cleaners of varying types! That means a couple of things... one, I didn't like the product and rather than tossing, I put it in the back of the cabinet! Or, two, forgot I had it and bought another one! This is so wasteful!

I won't buy store-bought chemicals anymore (other than Palmolive). The Internet is filled with recipes for tried and true formulas using items such as vinegar, baking soda, and dishwashing liquid. Not that I'm going "green" but it only makes sense to use what is commonly on hand.

I discovered the same situation in the bathroom. For example, I have so many different hand lotions! Goodness gracious! Rather than tossing perfectly good lotions, I've put one out and will use until it is totally empty, then on to the next one (before I use the one I just bought last week)! If I run across one that has soured (because it is sooooo old) I will toss immediately!

I found it perplexing how unorganized my cabinet had become and it's only my fingers/hands that get into that area! It's indicative of how unorganized all areas have become and I must get a handle on it before it drives me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment