Friday, March 6, 2009

Promises

The fruitless mulberry trees are starting to bud out. I haven't noticed whether the mature mesquite trees are putting out new growth. Aunt Evoline always told me to watch the mesquites, as they are the best signs of no more frost.

My poor lavender plants look horrible this year. I think all are lost. I guess it's just as well, since I can't be out in the sun to work them (and the dirt) properly. It gets me down/depressed knowing how the sun now effects me due to the medication I must take. Not to mention the fact that I can't hold any gardening tools anymore! At least the rosemary doesn't need my help! Both areas of rosemary are fully grown and are now blooming nicely. Maybe the blooms are because of the high humidity, and the promise of rain in the next few days!

I ask all that I know who are going to the beach to squeeze sand between their toes and think of me!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment